Library News -- 2022 Good Book Exchange@UM (2022/04/22)
The Macao Library Week attracts users who like to read to participate in good book exchange activities. This year is no exception. In order to promote the reading, the University of Macau Library encourages UM staff and students, and Macao citizens to share their books through the exchange platform.
Date & time: April 23 to May 30, 2022 from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (except public holidays)
Location: Reference Desk of UM Library
For more details, please see the attachments. If there is any inquiry, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks and regards,
“Good Book Exchange” @ UM
Purpose: To encourage you to share the good books on your bookshelves with other members of the University community as well as Macau citizens.
Organizer: University of Macau Library
Date, time & location: April 23 to May 30, 2022 from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30p.m. at Reference Desk of UM Library (except public holidays)
1. Participants should bring their books for exchange to the Reference Desk at UM Library during the collecting period. Participants will be given a stamped scorecard. With these scorecards, participants can collect books of values correspond with the values on their scorecards from April 23 to May 30, 2022.
2. Scoring Method: ONE stamp for every MOP10/HKD10/RMB10. Less than 10 dollars will be rounded off. Foreign currency will be converted into MOP according to the Library’s rating chart. Each book is counted individually.
3. Book without price indication is counted as MOP10.
4. Book must be in one piece and good shape.
Books that cannot be exchanged:
These books includes reference books (encyclopedias, dictionaries, guidebooks etc.), textbooks, periodicals, indecent publications, books related to religion and IT, comics, promoting materials, pirated and free publications,incomplete set of books, damage or daubed books, etc.
1. Maximum of 30 books for each participant.
2. After the activity, the UM Library has the rights to confiscate the leftover books and participants must not make any objections or ask for books return.
For inquiries, please call:
University of Macau Library:853 - 88228170